UTA celebrates opening of new TRAX lines | News
The Utah Transit Authority on Tuesday held ceremonies marking this month's opening of its new Mid-Jordan and West Valley TRAX lines.
The new lines will be officially opened on Sunday, August 7. The public will have an opportunity to ride them early beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 3.
The lines are opening ahead of schedule and under budget.
"We've been working hard at it hard for three years and here we go. We're almost ready to open them up," said Gerry Carpenter, a UTA spokesman.
Beginning on Wednesday, the entire TRAX system will operate as the new Blue (Sandy to Salt Lake Central), Red (Daybreak to University) and Green (West Valley to Salt Lake Central) lines.
For the public opening event Wednesday, UTA is partnering with the Utah Food Bank in the "Food as Your Fare" food drive. The public may ride for free Wednesday by bringing food to any of the new stations on the West Valley or Mid-Jordan lines. The rides will be available from 9:00 a.m. to approximately 11:00 p.m.
Upcoming Events near West Valley City / Kearns / Taylorsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police arrest man who allegedly stole from several cars
- Salt Lake City airport brings in furry friends to help soothe flying fears
- Shannan Yates leads the top Freeriders in the world this week at Snowbird
- 2 families displaced after 2-alarm fire in Salt Lake City
- Armed man robs Salt Lake City bank, police release suspect’s photo