Antlers, animal hides up for auction to help fight poaching | News
The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources will be disposing of seized antlers and hides on Tuesday.
The unusual auction highlights the beauty of Utath’s wildlife, but also the ugliness of poaching.
The auction will feature several hundred sets of forfeited antlers. Approximately five-dozen forfeited bobcat hides and assorted cougar, fox, bear, and bison hides and skulls.
The auction is located at Lee Kay Shooting Center, at 6000 West and 2100 South in Salt Lake City.
Sale items may be viewed starting at 9 a.m. and the bidding starts at noon.
Money paid at the auction goes back into fighting poaching.
Top West Valley City / Kearns / Taylorsville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UFA deputy chief, paramedics allegedly stole medication from ambulances, firehouse
- Police seek man who robbed bank while disguised as a woman
- Intermountain Healthcare names healthiest principal in Salt Lake Valley
- Salt Lake County proposes mutual commitment registry
- Study: Salt Lake City ranks highest in same-sex couples raising children