Antlers, animal hides up for auction to help fight poaching | News
The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources will be disposing of seized antlers and hides on Tuesday.
The unusual auction highlights the beauty of Utath’s wildlife, but also the ugliness of poaching.
The auction will feature several hundred sets of forfeited antlers. Approximately five-dozen forfeited bobcat hides and assorted cougar, fox, bear, and bison hides and skulls.
The auction is located at Lee Kay Shooting Center, at 6000 West and 2100 South in Salt Lake City.
Sale items may be viewed starting at 9 a.m. and the bidding starts at noon.
Money paid at the auction goes back into fighting poaching.
Upcoming Events near West Valley City / Kearns / Taylorsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Utah students work with Volunteers of America to help homeless youth
- Help on the way to clear icy streets in Cottonwood Heights
- Residents not pleased with private contractor in charge of snow removal
- Man who sculpted Angel Moroni statues for LDS temples has died
- Vehicle drives through wall, enters kitchen of Holladay home